نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Monday, February 11, 2008

Sharia Law in Britain?

"The europeans realised the benefit of Habbatus sauda (black seed) hundreds of years ago, but refused to consume it, for the sole reason that it is a muslim's medicine" I heard one bloke giving a talk on habbatus sauda on Ikim.fm ( Don't ask me on the authenticity of the story, you wahabi's)

Well, I stopped blogging on the heavy stuff couple of months back, although I still have not dropped reading the heavy stuff. It is just that I don't think people fancy reading the heavy stuff on this blog.

Couple of days ago, I saw in the news, and I read the article about the Archbishop of Canterbury's comment on the Shariah law in Britain. I read about it, and to me that's the end of the issue. I was quite surprised this morning - well, I only had access to the net this morning- to see what an uproar it has caused in the non-muslim world, and the muslim world alike.

I still believe that it is a duty for a muslim to have a desire towards establishing the sharia law. Putting the implementation issue aside, I believe it is part of Iman to want to establish the law. Sadly, some people reject the law on the basis of the complication of the implementation. Some people simply reject it simply because they do not want it. And others do not want it, because they can't be bothered to think of the issue.

Some people told me that there are muslims who prefer to have one common 'law' amongst all citizens. My answer on that is simple. People of different religions have different lifestyle. For example, we do aqiqah for our babies, circumcised them later. These babies grow up, and once reach adulthood, get married in the 'islamic' nuptials. They later die, and the funerals follow the islamic rituals.

I think one can accept getting married the islam way - especially when it comes to the 4 wives clause-, die in the islamic way and yet, they cannot accept that islam has its own set of law.

Well, for muslims who do not WANT the law, and want a one common law, let me suggest this. Why don't you start with having a one common lifestlye for you and your children. Start baptising your children. And then, when you die, let us bury you based on the one common way you want. Maybe if you want a cremation, we can organise it for you.

Yet, some of the muslim (read: UMNO?) want it one way, and do not want it the other way.

Speechless...

Well, on the other hand, the world itself is not always black and white. Remember the habbatus sauda story. Don't be a fool. Stop looking at whose law this is, and whose is that. Let's just look at them, and embrace the positive elements. If Britain sees it fit to take elements of sharia law to be applied to the muslim or the general public, so be it. Afterall, Britain can be proud for having a system already more islamic than most of the muslim countries...

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

- Sheikh Zubir a.k.a Shakespeare

1 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

umnoooo...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home