نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Berjaya Times Square Hotel

I am currently at the hotel. Attending a materials and corrosion conference at Parkroyal hotel.

I tend to believe that it is not that hard to impress me, especially for people in the service industry. I was on my way to KL, when I stopped at Tol Seremban-PD highway ( I had to).

I had a little 'conversation' with a veiled malay customer service girl. The conversation went as follows (G: Service counter girl)

I: Dik, sini boleh top up touch n go?
G: Silent.. (Shook her head, without looking at me)
I: Habis, ada Touch n Go machine kat sini?
G: Ye la, mesin je ada, signboard tak ada pun
I: Tak boleh ke (While she was taking my RM10 note)
G: Tak boleh. Sila la reverse, pergi sana (she was raising her voice)

I was so shocked at her reply and attitude, that I was mortified.. I used to be in customer service industry too..

I: Ya Allah, teruknya perangai awak
G: Sekarang ni macam mana, aku cakap baik-baik etc... ( and she started membebel)
I: Dah2, Awak tak boleh cakap camtu. Saya ni customer awak..
G: Customer apa, mulut jahat etc.. (and she continues with her cakap-cakap dan membebel)

At another stop, I asked a different girl, this time it is indian.
I: Dik, sini boleh top up touch n go?
G: Maaf encik, kat sini memang tak boleh.
I: (This time I simply looked at the touch n go machine)
G: (Giving her best service industry smile) Maaf encik, kat sini memang tak boleh...

See, I do not know, but if I were not a muslim, the malay girl's akhlaq will definitely put me off from becoming a muslim.

Anyway, so I got to Berjaya Times Square Hotel. And because it was a little raining, I took a cab to the Royalplaza hotel. The taxi driver asked me why I do not walk, and my answer was because it was raining. To be honest, I did not know where the RoyalPlaza was, but I knew it was somewhere nearby. To my embarrassment, the hotel was just across the road. I mean, literally across the road. No wonder the taxi driver had this funny look at his face.

Anyway, right after the conference adjourned for the day, I walked back to Berjaya Times Square. This time, I checked in, and to my astonishment, I got a suite. Because the internet connection is rather slow here, I think I'd put the pictures later. But for Rm230, I could not believe my eyes. I even called the reception to double checked on the rate they are charging me, and really thanked them for the room (although I'd have to say that they may be doing this because they have overbooked the hotel).

Anyway, that's all for now. Going out to the Masjid close by for maghrib.

2 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

haih.. ble malaysia nk ade google street view nih!!

bes la.. buleh p main roller coaster

3:34 AM  
Blogger husna afifi said...

budi bahasa budaya kita
bukan budaya depa!
huhuhuh

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home