نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Post from Bintulu

I left PD the friday before last, headed home with Husna joining me. Honestly, I felt rather guilty leaving her in town for about 5 hours, before I finished work and we could go home.

The journey was good, and I don't think there's much that needed mentioning. We stayed in Melaka for one night, while I showed her what A Famosa looks like at night. Sadly, construction was going on, and there's no Pertunjukan Cahaya dan Bunyi these days. Weird, Tahun melawat malaysia, with no pertunjukan cahaya dan bunyi, and muzium negara being renovated and not all opened for public. So much of a planning.

Saturday, arrived in JB rather safely in the morning. Had breakfast in Machap, and later went to a Kenduri Kahwin in dewan alumni UTM. One of the anak pakcik-pakcik got married to a kelantanese girl, which my dad assumed to be another anak pakcik-pakcik (kelantan branch). Anyway, we assumed she comes from kelantan, since she went to maahad muhammadi perempuan. She may not be even from kelantan.

Sunday, left JB for Kuching. The journey was alright, smooth, sound and safe. Dish of the day = Beriyani Ayam. Well, not bad MAS.

Stayed/strayed in/around kuching for one night. Well, prayed maghrib at a surau across the river, and joined the mawlid practice. My conclusion was that the sarawakian has a rather slow-mo song, and each time I was rather out of breath trying to sing along with them.

Following day, left the hotel ( I haven't mentioned, Holiday Inn, have I?) at 6am. Managed to catch the morning flight (730am) and reached Bintulu about an hour later.

Rested for about half an hour before we left for SMDS (Thas is shell middle distillate synthesis) plant. What they do overthere, look up middle distillate in wikipedia.

Introduced to the people whom I will be working with for the next four weeks. Sorted out our work permit and also the safety induction.

Tuesday, attended the proactive intervention culture conference. It was fun. Basically, it was about teaching people how to intervene when you see others committing some non-compliance activities.

Within the week, had this Time off for Safety session for the whole SMDS staff and contractors. We were fed with KFC lunch boxes. I took three for myself, since they had so much extra's. By the way, just safety harness in bahasa melayu is Abah-abah.

Thursday, just went with the flow. Attended the confined space safety induction (or was it the day before?Can't remember). The company also held out telemacthes on thursday, and doa selamat/ solat hajat after maghrib.

Anyway, Friday marked something rather significant in our trip. It was an off-day, and two of my PD colleagues were on a trip to Miri when they rear tyre exploded, and the car drifted, and rolled couple of times, and crashed into a drain. Luckily, no broken bones, no fatality. But the event impacted us in a way that, we are no more allowed to rent a car ourselves. Everything will have to follow the book, and permission has to be granted by the SMDS management prior to renting.

Saturday, stayed in the hotel, and spent few hours looking for USB wireless adapter. Mind you that bintulu is such a small town, even smaller than PD, although the district is by far bigger than Negeri Sembilan and Melaka altogether.

And here I am spending the bloody hours writing this for your reading, so that the account does not get frozen... Blimey, I need to go, maghrib is approaching.. Oh by the way, I managed to stock up few books for my reading before coming here. Considering that I finished as the crow files 700++ pages in less than a week, I can see that the supply would not last that long. 3 weeks at most...

Catch you later mate..

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

budak pompuan sini eksiden lebey kurg camtuh gk.. tp sbb nk elak koala.. patah2 kaki siap..

haih

slmt berbintuluan

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home