نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A week without car

Sunday 16th March 2008, I got involved in an accident. My first traffic accident in my 8 years of driving. Well, some blemishes to my 'clean driver' status, as I also got my first ticket for hitting another car from behind.

So, I lost my car (well, it is still in the workshop), and I will lose a further RM200 for the fine.

Since that day, I have been cycling to work. YES: Cycling in malaysia. I guess, that would qualify me to sit in one of the WWF endangered species list. So much endangered that not many people cycle to work in malaysia, and further less survive to tell the tale anyway.

In addition to the intense activities I had been part of for the past few weeks, I have managed to reduce my weight below the 70kg mark for the first time since my Uni years. The cycling part really is rewarding.

Yesterday, I was in seremban looking for a transport to come home (PD). Not only I had to stand all the way to PD, the bus was so crowded that I only finally managed to get a place (standing) in the last bus of the night. I had to watch the previous 2 busses departed for being overcrowded.

Having to stabilise myself, I grabbed one beam, attached on the overhead. And thankfully, I got minor electric shock for that. Then I realised that everyone wrapped their hand with plastic bag or some sort before holding to it. Thank you for not telling man.

No car, electric shock.. well let's wait what this coming week will present.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

2 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

mcm dasat je eksiden

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aku ada masalah suka minum air Soda. It hasn't killed me yet. Do you think regular intake shall make me stronger?

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home