نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Process Operations and Equipment

salams.

This was my first exam this year. Alhamdulillah, it was not too bad. It was compulsory to answer at least one question from section A (out of two). Unfortunately, both questions were very difficult. There was no mention of decoding Matlab, which I had sort of prepared myselft to answer any kind of it. I think I dropped at least 9 marks from that question, out of the possible 20.

Other questions on air conditioning and refrigeration could not have been easier. But I think I wrote evaporator pressure instead of compressor pressure. I also made a mistake in the last part of the last question, which worse comes to worst, it would lose 4 marks.

As a whole, I think I have dropped ( 12 + 2 + 2 + 4) marks = 20

If my prediction is correct, I would have 60 marks from the exam.

The other 20% is from the heat exchanger exercise ( or was it 30% ?). My group came out with the best design and basically won the competition / seminar. We would have at least 16 marks from that.

Conclusion: I would have enough marks to get a 1st for this first paper. A good start is half a battle won...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home