نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Monday, October 08, 2007

Trip & Slip

Well, yesterday I was on my way home from KL, when suddenly rain started pouring down from Sky.

It was not really that bad by malaysian standard, but somehow the car in front of me (and maybe few others before it) got panicked and hit on the emergency brake.

Taking the normal course of action, I let my car slow down first. Seeing that I was about to hit the car ahead, I stepped on the brake. And with a car that's not equipped with ABS, that was the mistake.

I simply lost control of the car, when the hydrodynamic effect kicked in, forming a layer between the road surface and my tyres. The car was skating forward, while slowing down at a very little rate. Reminded me of skating at the ice-rink. Tried to turn left and right, but the car simply would not turn. It was the momentum that moved it in that linear direction.

I knew I could not do anything, so I simply sit there, calm, and ready to brace any possible impact. The friend next to me was panicking, and he really thought that I was not braking at all.

'Zaki, kereta depan brake tu, cepat-cepat'

Within that split second, I knew impact would not be hard and damaging, considering the speed we were travelling at. Few seconds later, my car touched the car ahead, but since the owner did not notice, he simply went away. I continued my drive, and explain what had happened to the passenger.

Just a good reminder for non-ABS owner, in case you hit a pool of water:
1) Don't accelerate or deccelerate the car. Leave it to the momentum.
2) Don't try to turn left or right, as you will definitely lose control of the car. (both point1 & 2 imply changing the velocity of the car)
3) Try use lower gear to brake the car (engine braking) rather than stepping on the brake and locking you wheels.
4) Remain calm, panicking will only make it worse
5) If all above fails, then...

p/s: I have received a copy of the road tax, at a price of RM50, fined by JPJ. At least now I can balik raya...

1 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

sudah pnh rase bende nih, mase bwk kete kat higway kk-ipoh, tepi cliff2 tuh.. gle r... mmg xleh wat pape r..

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home