نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Sunday, May 11, 2008

PTD PAC (II)

This Blanket belongs to the Government


Well,

Yesterday, I had to deliver my 5-minutes speech in Malay. The format was that, everyone has to pick a piece of paper, in an envelope containing pieces of paper with titles related to the subject. Mine was " Pemimpin berkarisma, dilahirkan atau dibentuk".

I started with characteristics of good leader, from the common and Islamic point of views. To answer the question, I quoted Sheikh Zubir (Shakespeare) 12th Night, Some are born great, some achieve greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them. I ended with some other leader qualities, and how we can help nurture good leaders.

I left everyone rather impressed, and some of them came to me saying ' Kau dah satu kaki dalam PTD'. I am not sure though, since I am rather scruffy in my appearance, and that can be a major drawback.

We had another meeting at night, when we do department role playing. I was hoping to get the chair position, but it went to a bloke who seemed like he had never chaired any proper meeting before. The meeting was inefficient, and I think the group as a whole did not score very well there. From time to time, I tried to remind him but seemed that he could not navigate the meeting to arrive at any decision.

This morning, we had to make another 5-minutes speech, this time in english. I talked about tourism, and again impressed the crowd (if you discount my appearance, again). The next session was a parliamentary debate, and we had good fun there. Being the chief opposition, I managed to provoke the government bench couple of times, and I am not sure if they were offended. It was only role playing, YB YB sekalian.

Then, it was time to leave. I took 2 most important pictures before I depart. Myself as No 155, and the blanket.

Mr 155

3 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

smart sungguh mr 155

4:48 AM  
Blogger Zacharias said...

tang mana smartnya? tak smart pun

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo... it was nice meeting u man... u actually left without saying goodbye to ur roomies.... we thought u were still there until we saw ur things weren't there already... very un-PTD like.... ahahhaha

anyway, yeah, definitely, when u're around nilai, make sure u gimme a call... facebook me or something...

and about the car.... hahha... takkan la i sorang drive bmw..... family went to JB...so ngam ngam la....

catch u later man....

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home