نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Breaking the silence: Entertainment

I have been rather quiet for the past few weeks. There were so many issues to comment on, so many things to talk about. Yet, the snail-pace internet connection really put me off from writing.

1) Siti- Datuk K v Ina-Mawi

Alhamdulillah, at last, our pop-diva got herself married to a datuk. I don't want to say much about her selection of groom, just that may Allah help them find success in this life and the hereafter.

Regarding the statistics that said 6.8 m people watched siti, while 4.3 watched ina, I think the statistics were simply incorrect. After talking to so many people, most of them said they were flicking between the two channels throughout the procession. Maybe many people did watch the early part of the bersanding. Then, people simply got bored at seeing the kids jumping and dancing around, they switched to ina-mawi, and later, they switched again.

2) Sharifah Amani

As expected from one of these brats, who think so highly of themselves since they can speak english. She should have said: I am so stupid for having to sell my face, to make some amount of money. Even people like Tan Sri Ainuddin or Prof DiRaja Ungku will never say such thing. Interestingly, one of the British RAF (in case you don't know amani, it is royal air force) air squadron used SARANG TEBUAN JANGAN DIJOLOK (yes as it is, in Malay) as the motto. You see, even the British can appreciate our language. Unfortunately, people like you simply want to destroy the language, because you see it as unfit for such events.

3) Fazura

Another kind of stupid celebrity. With such good look, she does not need to hit the other woman for flirting with her boyfriend. If the boyfriend is one of those menggatal types, just leave him, and find a better one. If he is not, then you fazura should have more confidence in yourself, a self-belief that you deserve that man. Not that insecurity-induced type of behaviour.

4) Rita vs Lis

Another fight between two actresses, to decide who's the winner of the battle royale. Kind of unsolved.

5) Cabbies:

I have been spending my holiday mostly in JB and KL. I've been attending weddings in KL for 3 weekends in a row. Yes 3 (three). I remember, on one occasion, I was looking for a cab to go to a mosque to pray zuhr. I stopped a hastily-driven cab to go from ASiS ( or SAS) to masjid saidina uthman. The driver looked rather restless, but when I said 'masjid saidina uthman', he replied 'oo boleh (of course)', and a broad smile took shape on his face. As I asked the cab driver for the fare, he simply told me not to pay, since he himself was on his way to the mosque to perform zuhr. We may have been entertained by news about bad cab-drivers. the muderers, the rapists, the robbers and many others. But, we sometimes forget that the religious, pious, god-remembering species does exist. May Allah reward this pakcik teksi accordingly. ameen

on another occasion, an indian uncle gave me a lift to the damai station. As i left, he was shouting for something, making signals of.. oh duit kopi. I gave him 2 ringgits... just how contradicting people can be...

6) Job Hunting
Job hunting is still going on. I visited FRIM, kind of impressed with the infrastructure, but I afraid I really am lacking experience. Anyway, I am still considering the job at the back of my mind. Other than that, I talked to capt halim, my cousin.. and thought that being a pilot is not that bad. not bad at all, although definitely I should have started earlier. Well, we shall see. I won't be surprise to see myself singing in the coming AF5 (that is if i remain jobless until next year).

More to follow.. on good-connection day

6 Comments:

Blogger azad said...

siti-datuk K
-RM500k ??!

ina-mawi
-apa lagi pasni....

sharifah amani
-bila malu dah hilang dari diri.....

fazura, rita, lis
-tak knal

cabbies...
-depa pun cari duit sara idop anak bini. aku rasa, duit tu bkan duit kopi zaki, tapi more on tips/sdekah/whatever u name it

1:43 AM  
Blogger Zacharias said...

ko salah azad. itulah yg dipanggil prebet sapu, yang beroperasi guna van dbkl lagi.

2:36 AM  
Blogger azad said...

ooo, teksi sapu....ingatkan cabbies kete kuning-itam

3:50 AM  
Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

yer2..mcm outing p kb, kne baya singgit sorg, tp skang d 2inggit r kot

2:39 PM  
Blogger azad said...

aku tak caye seh teksi sapu nih....
slalu either jalan kaki je manjang, kalau tak pun, naik bas ke, call membe ke

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

taqdir. nak wat camner.. kalau aku kat idrisiah, takde prebet sapu. orang kasi tumpang free aje. pernah skali tu, ada brader ni, tumpangkan aku naik beskal je. gila baik aa orang b.chandan

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home