نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Missing my student days

Well, I have not been really busy over the past few days. It was simply a case of prioritisation that made me left this blog for a while.

To be honest, I am really missing my student days, and UK. It was not about the whether or the lifestyle. Neither the amount of time I have. What I miss most the opportunity to create impact on the society in general.

When I was in the UK, I began to realise how much impact students can create, had they been fully committing themselves in communal activities. Therefore, I began to get involved in Islamic Society and Conservation group. I tried to get involved in Labour student as well, although later I saw that labour students would hardly change anything in actual labour party (some of you may disagree to this).

When I came home, and began working, I just realised that I was turning myself into one selfish creature. Giving lesser and lesser to the community, and began thinking more and more about personal interest. After overcoming the week of despising everything in the corporate world, I have come to the week of acceptance. Whether I leave, or just get on with live, and I chose the latter.

Well, I am trying to re-grow the habit of 'giving back to the community'. I am trying to do this and that, but I am almost certain that nothing is going to be like my life when I was a student. Whatever I did, I would see a direct impact to the community. Even in islamic work, I could see people satisfaction, and that was enough to make me happy.

I believe that everyone has a role to play, and my 'role' as a student is over. It is the responsibility of the new students to fill in the void which I left in Bristol. Now that I have another role to play, I have to make sure that I will remain my true self, and that is myself that I would be happy to think of in years to come.

-Cometh the hour, cometh the man-

2 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

ngantok2... kne jumpe lecturer japg...aaaa

4:45 PM  
Blogger azad said...

kena didik adik2 junior

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home