نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My days in Singapore




Seraya Island



Today is the 5th day I have been attending this Data Management System course in Singapore. The Company put me at the Meritus Mandarin Hotel on Orchard Rd.

Accommodation

Well, I would say that the hotel is rather satisfactory. I was quite impressed that the first night I was there, I found 3 Fuji Apples in the room.. Welcome pack, they say..


(well, to be honest, the other day, I found boxes of Fuji Apple with "country of origin: China" written on them)


Anyway, came the second night, I could not find the Fuji Apples anymore (of course, the previous batch has been safely digested, i assume...) I pressed '0' and got in touch with the operator..


Hi, I would like to ask a very silly question..


Yes, what it is Sir? (Lovely voice, but I don't like people calling me sir, as far as I can remember, I have never been awarded MBE by the British Monarch).


Yesterday, I found apples in my room, but I don't find any today.. Do I get it only on my first day?


Yes sir, it's our welcoming gift..


Oh really? Should I check in and out everyday for the next two weeks to get the apples? ( I laughed.. and she laughed too.. Oh my God, she sounds really nice.. wonder how she looks... without clothes.. I mean with.. or without.. )


No sir, you shouldn't.. I'll send some apples to you if you want. Room XXXX is it? (cannot be disclosed, since I am still occupying the room)


Ok.. thanks.. can I have your name and phone number? (somehow.. only the OK bit came out)..


And since then, I get 3 apples everyday.. next to my bed..


Course


Hmm, the course is not too bad. The materials and speaker together make a good lullaby.. I always keep drinking mineral water so that I don't fall asleep.. The problem of doing so is that I'd need to go to the loo every hour.. Well, better going to the loo than dozing off in the training room..


The location is Jurong Island. This is a MILITARY PROTECTED area.. and they mean it. You see a marksman in camourflage waiting at one end, trying to see suspicious people.. and if suspicious enough, they would not think twice before shooting them..





Seraya Chemical


I goes to Jurong Island everyday, with my SRC mentor, and the Software instructor. hmm.. we have to scan the passes everyday. and have the car boot checked.. We have been turned down twice by the taxi driver when we mentioned Jurong Island.. too much hassle.

The food is marvellous though. We'd have one brunch at 10.. and then lunch at 12.. and then snack at 3.. and go home at 5.. Comes 5, we'll get a cab home.. and dinner is on the company too..

I try to make it compulsory for me to go to Al-falah mosque nearby. The mosque reminds me of being in the UK, where u find mosque without minarets or dome.. simple praying room, with classrooms.. and ablution facilities.


Dinner, I have been going to different restaurants around Orchard Rd. Price comes second, since the main priority is to find halal meals. It is really convenient here, since all halal restaurants will have MUIS (Singapore Islamic Council) certification displayed at the door. Better than being in Malaysia, where the halal/haram issue is merely verbal guarantee.. Ditanggung halal, who knows who actually is carrying the responsibility.

OK guys, I have to log off soon.. I have a taxi to catch..

Zacharias

5 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

price come 2nd: bole la, hari2 dpt 200, huhu

operator tuh mude ke tua?? if old then cant imagine how she looks like, with or withot clothes...hahahah .. kan dh kaye skang, xmau kawen ke...hoho

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, operator muda2 beb..

xmau kawen? xde orang mau aa

4:26 PM  
Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

mmg sesuai la keje shell.. jual MINYAK... hoho

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tehehe...nice job man,nnt boleh bawak aku jln2 pulau temasik....

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bleh2. nanti balik mesia, leh arrange trip.. all paid for by bank negara malaysia

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home