نحن قوم أعزنا الله بالإسلام ، فهما طلبنا العزة بغيره ، أذلنا الله

We are the people whom Allah honoured through Islam, so whenever we seek honour other than it, Allah will disgrace us.

The blog is under slow transition to http://specifichumidity.wordpress.com

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

THE POWER OF OBSERVATION

Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me a question regarding perception and sensation.. well, i don't know the answer, but that question lead me to another issue which I think is rather important..

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF OBSERVATION

There are many times that we choose what we want to see. I demonstrated this to a friend of mine in PD. In one occasion, I asked her to look at a certain direction, and tell me what she can see. And of course the answer is quite different from mine.

The question is, why? what influences one's perception?

The phrase I hate most in SHELL is " you are not looking at the bigger picture", usually came out of the people-of-the-higher-heirarchies' mouth. Who can tell me that his/her picture is the only one right and mine is wrong?

The other night, I was walking in the hotel, heading back to my room after an average dinner alone.. Joining me was two really gorgeous and sexy ladies.. and they were followed by another man.. And we got out of the lift at the same floor, and the man led the ladies to a certain room (It was friday night, by the way).

I don't consider myself the sharpest person on Earth, but I don't have to ask who the ladies are, By a simple observation and analysis (not being judgemental here.. but I am quite sure this is true) I know the ladies are people of the oldest profession or so they say.

There were few other occasions when I am quite dissappointed by people's lack of observation and sensitivity. For example, one should not have to be told not to sit and have conversation at stairs, as this will block other's path. Similarly, standing on escalator side-by-side etc..

I believe, good observation can lead to good anticipation and sensitivity. Just don't get too stressed, as either you may end up as a Genius, or insane...

5 Comments:

Blogger ihsan_huhu said...

dan mensilent kan henpon didalam mesjit....

4:24 PM  
Blogger azad said...

otai skolah menengah pantang diusha..."hang usha pa?!"

"usha $%&*"

4:20 AM  
Blogger zacharias said...

dan imam yg bc panjang...

starian suka blasah org

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ala, sama-sama geng la. satu lagi di KK. blasah-blasah org, pastuh perasan sampai ke tua. pergi majlis besar-besar pon masih nak pakai baju yg ada lambang skolah :D

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sk... hang nak kena belasah ka?

nnydd

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home